Monday, January 17, 2011

My Peak and Slump

     I certainly faced fears that I would be stuck in the slump for all of college, or at least for a very long time. My high school career consisted of cross-country, baseball, and track, and I have never returned to the shape that I was in during my senior year. Close to 1,000 miles of running, weight lifting, and all sorts of drills for track and baseball brought me to a fitness peak. I am sure many of you remember this time as well. However, the peak was soon devastated by the fitness-destroying force we know as college. It was like a meteor that not only chipped off that peak but also destroyed most of the mountain. I remember running a few times for the first couple weeks of school, but once homework and midterms picked up, it was all over. Suddenly a hardcore college dork, I found myself studying for hours and playing Guitar Hero (not that either of these things are bad in and of themselves) and not caring for my body enough. I certainly was aware of it but not doing much about it. 


     Hey Brad, thanks telling me about your pity story of your athletic crash, are you going to share anything useful with me? Yes. Next week. Know that the slump can be defeated and college does not have to be a fitness vacuum!

No comments:

Post a Comment